<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Craziest. People. Ever. 

I'm going to nominate three people who ran across the Sahara desert.

Not a portion of the Sahara desert. The whole. Freaking. Sahara. Desert.
"It will take time to sink in ... but this is an absolutely once in a life time thing. They say ignorance is bliss, and now that I know how hard this is, I would never consider crossing the Sahara on foot again," said American runner Charlie Engle, 44, hours after he and the others completed the run at Egypt's Red Sea.
Mr. Engle had to actually run across the Sahara to learn how hard it was. He couldn't just, say, look at a globe or something.

Yet another instance where the achievement is topped only by the insanity required to attempt it in the first place.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com