Monday, April 11, 2005
And speaking of sucking...
...the top 5 movies I dread being dragged to. These are movies I've noticed my wife saying, "You know, that looks kind of good...," which means off we go, even if something on the previous list is opening, because I'm just that damn good a husband.
5. Fever Pitch - "But it's got baseball!" Why a Cubs fan and a recovering White Sox fan would want to watch Boston break their curse while ours still linger is beyond me. Plus, while I'm not proud of it, the truth is that I hate Jimmy Fallon more than I hate Kim Jong Il.
4. Monster in Law - The movie that shares responsibility for us all having to listen to Jane Fonda sort of apologize for Vietnam again. (Blame the book if you want, but the movie would have started the train ride too). But regardless, this movie has J-Lo, and Michael Vartan, who is the actor you hire when you want a bland leading man who won't overshadow your female stars, but you don't want to shell out for Luke Wilson.
3. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Anyone else get a Michael Jackson vibe off this?
2. The 40 Year Old Virgin - Steve Carell trying to get laid. For the first time. Ever.
1. Herbie: Fully Loaded - Lindsay Lohan! Breckin Meyer! Dale Earnhardt, Jr. in a role he'll live to regret not ceding to Jeff Gordon!
"It could be funny!"
"Yeah, and the phone ringing could be Ed McMahon, wanting to know when's the best time to drop off the check! But are the odds of that being the case worth the effort of me getting off the couch?"
That's right. Just. That. Damn. Good. A. Husband.
5. Fever Pitch - "But it's got baseball!" Why a Cubs fan and a recovering White Sox fan would want to watch Boston break their curse while ours still linger is beyond me. Plus, while I'm not proud of it, the truth is that I hate Jimmy Fallon more than I hate Kim Jong Il.
4. Monster in Law - The movie that shares responsibility for us all having to listen to Jane Fonda sort of apologize for Vietnam again. (Blame the book if you want, but the movie would have started the train ride too). But regardless, this movie has J-Lo, and Michael Vartan, who is the actor you hire when you want a bland leading man who won't overshadow your female stars, but you don't want to shell out for Luke Wilson.
3. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Anyone else get a Michael Jackson vibe off this?
2. The 40 Year Old Virgin - Steve Carell trying to get laid. For the first time. Ever.
1. Herbie: Fully Loaded - Lindsay Lohan! Breckin Meyer! Dale Earnhardt, Jr. in a role he'll live to regret not ceding to Jeff Gordon!
"It could be funny!"
"Yeah, and the phone ringing could be Ed McMahon, wanting to know when's the best time to drop off the check! But are the odds of that being the case worth the effort of me getting off the couch?"
That's right. Just. That. Damn. Good. A. Husband.