Monday, February 28, 2005
Oscar blogging...blogging...
Everyone who's of a mind to blog about the Oscars has already done it, so you should read them instead.
Start with Petitdov - who's pro-Clive Owen and less enthused with Salma Hayek. (On a wholly unrelated note - though I still think Owen would make a find Bond, I'm intrigued by the idea of Nip/Tuck's Julian McMahon taking the role.)
She also reminds me, as I mentally cycle through my political views, how grateful I am that nothing I believe in strongly will ever have to endure to vocal public support of Sean Penn.
Steve Silver (who's highly accurate Oscar Picks I happened to mirror) blogs pretty much the whole thing. He pans Chris Rock, props for Edna Mode presenting best costume, and yet another vote in the "For God's Sake, Sean, Pull The Stick Out!" Category.
Tim Robbins seemed to get a kick out of Rock's "boring us with his politics" intro. Robbins should have started by explaining his views on Social Security reform. That would have been hilarious.
And don't forget Dawn Summers. (who may be running down pedestrians even as we speak) Her succinct Oscar-blogging notes the grievous error that was Jake Gyllenhall shaving his head, also wishes Penn would remove his rectal redwood, and expresses polite surprise at Antonio Banderas singing, which I think is a polite way of saying he sucked monkey chunks. (He sings OK, though, at least he did in Evita, and during the "Far, Far Away Idol" portion of the Shrek 2 DVD.)
Chris Rock was moderately amusing, although I'd like to hear the stuff he wasn't allowed to say. And if Sean Penn's advocacy can do for Jude Law what it did for John Kerry, I look forward to seeing Law in my local dinner theater any day now.
Start with Petitdov - who's pro-Clive Owen and less enthused with Salma Hayek. (On a wholly unrelated note - though I still think Owen would make a find Bond, I'm intrigued by the idea of Nip/Tuck's Julian McMahon taking the role.)
She also reminds me, as I mentally cycle through my political views, how grateful I am that nothing I believe in strongly will ever have to endure to vocal public support of Sean Penn.
Steve Silver (who's highly accurate Oscar Picks I happened to mirror) blogs pretty much the whole thing. He pans Chris Rock, props for Edna Mode presenting best costume, and yet another vote in the "For God's Sake, Sean, Pull The Stick Out!" Category.
Tim Robbins seemed to get a kick out of Rock's "boring us with his politics" intro. Robbins should have started by explaining his views on Social Security reform. That would have been hilarious.
And don't forget Dawn Summers. (who may be running down pedestrians even as we speak) Her succinct Oscar-blogging notes the grievous error that was Jake Gyllenhall shaving his head, also wishes Penn would remove his rectal redwood, and expresses polite surprise at Antonio Banderas singing, which I think is a polite way of saying he sucked monkey chunks. (He sings OK, though, at least he did in Evita, and during the "Far, Far Away Idol" portion of the Shrek 2 DVD.)
Chris Rock was moderately amusing, although I'd like to hear the stuff he wasn't allowed to say. And if Sean Penn's advocacy can do for Jude Law what it did for John Kerry, I look forward to seeing Law in my local dinner theater any day now.