<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 25, 2005

The law sucks - update... 

The Chicago Tribune has a good update on this soon to be infamous story about the man suing his ex-girlfriend for allegedly deceiving him into getting pregnant.

As Mithras "I Can't Think Of A Clever Nickname At The Moment, But I'm Working On It" rightfully points out - what the guy says happened ain't necessarily what happened. The court just ruled that if his allegations were true, that could be the tort of intentional infliction of emotional distress, but it can't be theft, because it was a gift. (If that counts as a gift he gave her, I think a lot of men's Christmas and birthday shopping just got a lot easier.)

In any event, the woman wants to make it clear that, in her view, her ex is full of it:
But the lawyer for Irons, who also is a Chicago physician, says the baby was conceived the usual way and that Phillips has concocted a story to get out of paying child support.
So now they get to have a trial about this. The common view, which I share, is if it's he said-she said, he loses, because her version of how she got pregnant makes a bunch more sense, which means he's going to need someone to back up his story.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com