Monday, February 28, 2005
If you're going to be in New York March 16th...
...it's only fair to warn you, so will my wife and I. If you know of a good place for a blogger get-together, please let Karol know.
Tonight is poker night, as Maddy and I have been playing in the Texas Hold 'Em tournament at the Dixie Tavern in Smyrna. Maddy is well in the hunt to make the finals and compete for the trip to Vegas that is the grand prize. I have yet to register on the leader board. Time to face the facts - if poker were Saturday morning pro wrestling, my wife would come to the ring wearing a fancy robe, with an entourage and rock music blaring as the announcers sang her praises. I'd be the guy already in the ring with plain trunks and a mullet, whose name the announcer would get wrong.
But hey, you couldn't have the show without those guys, too, right?
Tonight is poker night, as Maddy and I have been playing in the Texas Hold 'Em tournament at the Dixie Tavern in Smyrna. Maddy is well in the hunt to make the finals and compete for the trip to Vegas that is the grand prize. I have yet to register on the leader board. Time to face the facts - if poker were Saturday morning pro wrestling, my wife would come to the ring wearing a fancy robe, with an entourage and rock music blaring as the announcers sang her praises. I'd be the guy already in the ring with plain trunks and a mullet, whose name the announcer would get wrong.
But hey, you couldn't have the show without those guys, too, right?