Tuesday, December 21, 2004
Price of peace...
Israel is training troops who will enforce the evacuation of Gaza Strip settlements.
Remember, this is land to which many Israelis feel they have a legitimate right. They have the military might to hold onto this land if they wanted. And the eviction of settlers will cause an incredible amount of internal strife within Israel.
I'd like to believe that those who are convinced that Israel is responsible for everything bad said about or done to Jews anywhere in the world would recognize what Israel is preparing to go through in an effort to achieve peace.
Of course, I'd also like to believe that 2005 will end with me back to my college weight.
Remember, this is land to which many Israelis feel they have a legitimate right. They have the military might to hold onto this land if they wanted. And the eviction of settlers will cause an incredible amount of internal strife within Israel.
I'd like to believe that those who are convinced that Israel is responsible for everything bad said about or done to Jews anywhere in the world would recognize what Israel is preparing to go through in an effort to achieve peace.
Of course, I'd also like to believe that 2005 will end with me back to my college weight.