<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Kos: Buttnugget or crapsack 

I'm way to late to fully join in the obligatory Kos-troversy, so I'll just toss off a quick link-free pair of pennies and move on. (If you don't know what's up, check...oh, any blog, really.)

Bottom line: Kos said something stupid. Pretty much everyone agrees with that. (Even Kos tacitly is acknowledging this by deleting the offending post and desperately trying to make the whole controversy another bout of "My accusers are not-nice people, so please ignore the fact that they are, by and large, absolutely right." Also, we shouldn't have gone home with him dressed like we were if we didn't want sex.) Disagreement has arisen about whether or not there should be consequences for Kos' stupid statement.

I could make a smartass comment about how conservatives thinking people should pay a price for their mistakes and liberals thinking they shouldn't tells you all you need to know about both, but...hey, look! I already did! I rule!

(I don't rule. Not yet. But patience, my pretties, patience...)

Look, to all the red meat chewers who feel betrayed about the advertisers who have abandoned Kos, they have to. One, they're not (for the most part), as far left as y'all are. They are genuinely offended by Kos' statement too. (It's not just LGF readers. Trust me on this, if nothing else.) Second, they are mainstream candidates who have to reach out to moderates, independants, and Republicans who are maybe open to switching sides if the right candidate presented themself. You may think everyone right of Jerrod Nadler is a cousin-kissing rube that shouldn't be allowed to vote in a properly oriented society, but for the moment, we can vote, and Kos is in the way of them getting that vote. If he truly wants those folks to win, he'll let them off the hook easy. (Hey, if I ever go off the deep end and say anything truly nuts - not that I ever have - I certainly wouldn't want any candidate I favor to suffer by association.)

The red meat sites are fine for the true believers, but some of that stuff freaks the rest of us out. The intelligent thing to do is allow Kerry and all those congressional candiates to build a wall between you and them if they feel it necessary.

Assuming there is no plan to cut back on the stupid statements, that is.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com