<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Idol hands... 

Everyone on talk radio today was threatening the downfall of western civilization if tonight isn't John's last night as an American Idol contestant. Personally, I like the kid, and I'm tired of both Diana and Jasmine, at least to the extent I can remember either is on the show.

But apparently, we have to get rid of John, because if we don't, we're racist, according to noted sociologist Elton John. OK, I liked Jennifer too, but somehow, an African American contingent making up a mere 50% of the remaining finalists is apparently the result of what a bunch of racist bastards we all are.

Or, and I'm just throwing something off the top of my head, call me crazy, or American Idol is a show watched by every teenage girl in the country, and Johnny Red is the only teenage boy remaining, and that has something to do with it. For scientific verification of this theory, please note the comments to this Jeff Jarvis thread, where pretty much everyone agrees with me.

The guy who pointed out the big black guy winning last year and the bi-racial guy finishing second the year before had a point too.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com