Monday, April 26, 2004
I love this woman...
OK, Jennifer Garner has a new movie out. It's called 13 Going on 30, and all the critics say it's chick-flicky goodness.
My wife, being of the female variety, really really wants to see this movie. I, despite being a fan of some of Garner's other work, would rather remove my own appendix with a spork. Nevertheless, she is the love of my life, and if she wants to watch Sydney Bristow hit on junior high school boys, who am I to deny her?
Now, here's the thing. I had expected at some point over the weekend that I would need to go and see it. But, when I come inside after doing yardwork, my wife calls from the road, where she has been off running errands of the dry cleaning and going-to-Target variety.
She is going to see the movie without me.
I love this woman.
My wife, being of the female variety, really really wants to see this movie. I, despite being a fan of some of Garner's other work, would rather remove my own appendix with a spork. Nevertheless, she is the love of my life, and if she wants to watch Sydney Bristow hit on junior high school boys, who am I to deny her?
Now, here's the thing. I had expected at some point over the weekend that I would need to go and see it. But, when I come inside after doing yardwork, my wife calls from the road, where she has been off running errands of the dry cleaning and going-to-Target variety.
She is going to see the movie without me.
I love this woman.