Friday, April 16, 2004
I love Canada...
It's a great country, really. No inferiority complex whatsoever concerning their neighbor to the south, nosireebob. I used to live in Detroit, and the only good thing about Detroit is that it's easy to get to Windsor, Ontario from there. Windsor rules. You should go.
But, of course, like any great country, Canada has occasionally passed some stupid laws, that jerks take advantage of. Take the whole free health-care thing. The upside, you're Canadian, you get free health care. The downside? People with Canadian passports who got shot because they belonged to Al-Qaeda can make other, better Canadians pay for their hospital bills. A consolation is the pretty much explicit admission that Canada is a much better place than anywhere people listen to Al-Qaeda.
OK, I'm mocking. But note, I'm not mocking Canadians. Canadians hate these people. Which is why I love Canada.
But, of course, like any great country, Canada has occasionally passed some stupid laws, that jerks take advantage of. Take the whole free health-care thing. The upside, you're Canadian, you get free health care. The downside? People with Canadian passports who got shot because they belonged to Al-Qaeda can make other, better Canadians pay for their hospital bills. A consolation is the pretty much explicit admission that Canada is a much better place than anywhere people listen to Al-Qaeda.
OK, I'm mocking. But note, I'm not mocking Canadians. Canadians hate these people. Which is why I love Canada.