Monday, April 19, 2004
For the love of God, Sully...
Add James Lileks to the chorus of people pointing out Andrew Sullivan's clueless articulation of his support for higher gas taxes.
In addition to pointing out my real problem with Sully's argument - his complete lack of any understanding about how life works in flyover country - he adds an argument I'd not thought of, which is the devastating effect higher gas taxes will have on independant owners and operators of gas stations.
Sully's way off base on this one. Does he care? Apparently not.
Come on, just a sign that you understand the issue is all I'm asking for.
In addition to pointing out my real problem with Sully's argument - his complete lack of any understanding about how life works in flyover country - he adds an argument I'd not thought of, which is the devastating effect higher gas taxes will have on independant owners and operators of gas stations.
Sully's way off base on this one. Does he care? Apparently not.
Come on, just a sign that you understand the issue is all I'm asking for.