Thursday, April 15, 2004
Fake Apology Alert!
There are few things that annoy me more than fake apologies. Case in point, Sen. Christopher Dodd (D-CT), who has "apologized" if his tribute to Robert Byrd offended anyone. Further details about why Dodd may have felt compelled to apologize here.
Not to put to fine a point on it, but Dodd is a sissy-faced snivelling little weasel-boy. One of two things happened:
1. Dodd said something stupid. People got offended because of your stupid comments, they had every right to get offended, and you need to apologize for saying something stupid.
2. Dodd said nothing stupid. People got offended because they're either easily offended by trivial items or they're jerks trying to seize partisan advantage from something that bothers them not a whit. You owe nobody an apology for anything. In fact, they owe you one for blowing your perfectly understandable comment out of proportion.
Dodd is trying to have it both ways. "I didn't do anything wrong, but I'm sorry if you thought I did," solves nothing, and only encourages the jerks if, in fact, you did nothing wrong. This crap is starting to become de rigeur for people caught with their hands in the cookie jar, and it needs to stop.
And I'm sorry if anyone has a problem with that.
Not to put to fine a point on it, but Dodd is a sissy-faced snivelling little weasel-boy. One of two things happened:
1. Dodd said something stupid. People got offended because of your stupid comments, they had every right to get offended, and you need to apologize for saying something stupid.
2. Dodd said nothing stupid. People got offended because they're either easily offended by trivial items or they're jerks trying to seize partisan advantage from something that bothers them not a whit. You owe nobody an apology for anything. In fact, they owe you one for blowing your perfectly understandable comment out of proportion.
Dodd is trying to have it both ways. "I didn't do anything wrong, but I'm sorry if you thought I did," solves nothing, and only encourages the jerks if, in fact, you did nothing wrong. This crap is starting to become de rigeur for people caught with their hands in the cookie jar, and it needs to stop.
And I'm sorry if anyone has a problem with that.